Donate Surplus Food
Donate Surplus Food
Food Works exists to make a fair and sustainable food system for Sheffield. This involves working with partners across the food system including retailers, growers, farmers and manufacturers and providing a free, safe, simple and efficient process to avoid wasting good food and using it to support people within and around Sheffield.
I’m a business with surplus food, how does it work?
Food Works runs a professional redistribution warehouse in Sheffield.
We offer a free service to food businesses with stock they are not able to make use of. We can save you money on disposal, cut waste and your carbon footprint and put the food to good use supporting people and communities across the city. We aim to build reciprical relationshios with businesses to reduce food waste.
Our vans collect surplus food locally seven days a week and we can arrange collection of larger volumes of surplus through palletised distribution across the country. We partner with businesses to make the process as simple and easy as possible.
We can redistribute any kind of food, such as:
- Farm surplus
- Products with a short shelf life, or even past their best before date
- Chilled and Frozen items
- Surplus from cafes, restaurants and shops
We are a safe pair of hands:
- We are committed to ensuring that all health and safety procedures are at the highest standard for our partners
- We have full traceability of all surplus stock donated, meaning we can complete product recalls wherever necessary
- We are a registered food businesses and have a strict Food Safety and Hygiene system approved by Sheffield City Council’s food safety team, with a 5* food hygiene rating
- We have a regularly updated HACCP and food safety manual
How to contribute surplus food:
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 07542 379 246 and we’ll get back to you and process your contribution as quickly as possible.