Food Hub Manager
Could you be our new Food Hub Manager?
Commitment: Three days (24h) per week including Saturdays or Sundays, with the availability to pick up additional hours, starting ASAP for an initial duration of 3 months.
Pay: This is a paid position offering the real living wage, currently £9.50 per hour
Food Works is a not for profit social enterprise, building fair and sustainable food for Sheffield. Food Works operates 3 hubs in Sheffield and we are looking for a motivated and experienced manager to help us run our hubs. The Food Hub Manager – Logistics is responsible for all our food operations on site, and coordinates our volunteers in the delivery of a range of Food Services.
- Ensuring safe operating of equipment and premises, as the key person of responsibility onsite.
- Overseeing all critical procedures, including temperature and transport logs.
- Managing a team of diverse volunteers, to encourage a positive working environment and promote development.
- Ensuring food is handled and stored in a way that does not compromise the safety of food or people.
- Effectively overseeing customer service and payments across a range of different products and services.
- Adapting services and operations at the Food Hub in line with the needs of Food Works.
We need a person who fits our team and mission. Specifically for this role we would like someone who is:
- An experienced manager of both people and resources.
- A capable organiser who can work with minimal supervision.
- Experienced in delivering training and inductions.
- Physical manual handling capacity.
- Good level of IT skills, in particular with G-Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, with a key attention to detail in managing written and verbal communication.
- Skilled at customer service and conflict resolution.
- Valid UK drivers licence.
In addition, please read ‘Food Works – About Us’ for more information about joining our team.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 4th June 2021.
Interviews to take place on 10th/11th June.